Aqua-licious Alliance

Aqua-licious Alliance

Share this article

  • Adnoc and Taqa have announced a $2.4 billion project to provide sustainable water supply to Adnoc's onshore operations in Abu Dhabi. They plan to develop a centralized seawater treatment facility and transportation network for the Bab and Bu Hasa fields. Adnoc and Taqa will jointly hold a 51% stake, while the remaining 49% will be owned by a consortium of Orascom Construction and Metito.

  • After 30 years, the project will be returned to Adnoc. It will be connected to the grid and powered by 100% clean energy sources. This will reduce water injection-related energy consumption by up to 30%. Adnoc aims to cut its greenhouse gas intensity by 25% by 2030 and has taken steps to reduce carbon emissions.

Why it matters

The development will cut Adnoc's offshore carbon footprint by over 30% by replacing gas turbine generators with sustainable power from Abu Dhabi's onshore network. It will also transport 500 million liters of nano filtered seawater daily through 75km of pipelines and two pumping stations to supply Adnoc's onshore operations.


Get Smarter
About Investing

Join 35,000+ subscribers and get our 5 min daily newsletter on daily local and international financial news.
Get Smarter<br/> About Investing

Similar News