How can I fund my baraka account: step-by-step process.
There are three main methods that you can use to fund your baraka account (see above). To start funding:
1. Open the 'Profile' page on the baraka app and select 'Deposit' (note that, depending on your country of residence, you will have access to different funding methods. As such, all the deposit methods that baraka offers may not be available in your country).
2. Choose your funding method (i.e. Apple Pay).
3. Once you select your funding method, you will be directed to a screen where you can enter the amount that you wish to deposit.
4. Once you have entered the deposit amount, click on ‘Add Funds’.
Let’s go into the details.
Depositing with Debit Card:
1. Scan your debit card and review the details to make sure the information is correct. If you want, you can store your card information, securely, for future deposits. Your card details are stored safely on Checkout.com.
2. Choose the currency to fund your account–we recommend selecting the currency that matches your bank account to avoid potential conversion fees charged by your bank.
3. Input the amount to be transferred and select ‘Add Funds’ and your deposit will be funded to your baraka account.
Please note you are required to scan the original debit card, as we do not accept copies, edits, or e-documents.
Depositing with Apple Pay:
1. Enter the amount and select ‘Add Funds’.
2. Select a card from your Apple Pay wallet.
3. Double click to pay, and your deposit will be funded to your baraka account.
Please note that Apple Pay is available in select countries and we do not accept credit cards.
Depositing with Google Pay:
1. If you don't have the Google Pay app, please download it and add a supported card
2. Then, head to your ‘Portfolio’ page, click ‘Deposit’, and select ‘Google Pay’
3. Enter the amount and select ‘Add Funds’
4. Select a card from your Google Pay wallet
5. Double click to pay and your deposit will be funded to your baraka account.
Please note that Google Pay is available in select countries and we do not accept credit cards.
Depositing with Connect UAE Bank:
1. Click 'Add Bank' and select your preferred bank
2. Enter your bank credentials to connect it to your baraka account
3. Select which account you would like to transfer funds from (i.e. current or savings)
4. Input the amount to be transferred and select ‘Add Funds’.
Please note that this service is only for users with registered UAE bank accounts and not every UAE bank is connected to our Connect UAE.
Depositing with Bank Transfer:
1. Log into your online banking account and add a beneficiary for an International Transfer.
2. Use the information provided on the bank transfer page to set up your beneficiary.
3. The account number provided is a unique IBAN number for us to identify your funds.
Please be informed that the processing time for Connect UAE Bank and Bank Transfer options may take up to 5 business days to reflect in your account. We kindly advise you to take into consideration that some financial institutions may have a hold period of up to 24 hours before accepting the transfer. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.