How can I find out more about the fees associated with specific investment products on the baraka platform?
Are there any penalties for closing my baraka account or transferring my funds to another investment platform?
Stop Loss Orders are essentially limit sell orders for the stocks you hold in your portfolio, set at a price below the current market price. This is the price at which you would sell the security. By putting in a stop loss order, you are limiting your losses. Stop loss orders are designed to limit an investor’s loss on a position that makes an unfavourable move.
To place a stop order on, follow the steps below:
1. Select the stock or ETF you would like to place a order for
2. Click the ‘Invest’ button on the bottom right
3. Select ‘Stop Order’ from the drop-down menu on the top right corner
4. Enter the target price per share at which you’d like to buy the stock, the number of shares and its expiry date
5. Click 'Confirm' and review your order in the pop up dialogue box
Stop Sell Order:
1. Select the stock or ETF you would like to place a limit order for
2. Click the ‘invest’ button on the bottom right and select ‘sell’
3. Then on the top right corner select ‘stop order’
4. Enter the target price per share at which you’d like to sell the stock, and the number of shares
5. Click confirm and review your limit order in the pop up dialogue box